High quality surveillance protects people and assets for transportation
Transportation is a large part of the urban energy balance and plays a vital role in economic activities. The industry is always changing to provide safer, faster, cleaner, and more comfortable travel in a safe environment for staff and travelers alike.
There are many government and private entities at seaports, airports, and other stations, such as U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and restaurants, each occupying one space with differing security needs. Some agencies and companies are able to share cameras and IoT devices to save in cost and resources; unfortunately, this is not always the case.
Transportation industry challenges:
- First responders, homeland security, cyber attacks
- Crime prevention
- Wide-spread network
- Demand for high quality, emerging monitoring applications
- Public health concerns
- Security and cybersecurity vulnerabilities
- Disjointed security systems and platforms
- Increase in artificial intelligence (AI) and computing demands
- Harsh environmental conditions and remote locations