High quality surveillance protects people and assets for education
Schools, colleges, and universities are charged with keeping their students and staff safe in heavily trafficked buildings and online. Federal laws from the U.S. Department of Education and state laws dictate much of how a school’s security budget is spent.
Surveillance is integral in maintaining campus security. The security department has a wide array of responsibilities from crowd control for a football game on campus to cybersecuring student and staff personal information.
Education industry challenges:
- First responders, homeland security, cyber attacks
- Crime prevention
- Wide-spread network
- Demand for high quality, emerging monitoring applications
- Public health concerns
- Security and cybersecurity vulnerabilities
- Disjointed security systems and platforms
- Increase in artificial intelligence (AI) and computing demands
- Harsh environmental conditions and remote locations