System Test Engineer
Position: System Test Engineer
Are you ready to join an innovative, fast growing technology company with multiple product awards? We are looking for the kind of person that thrives in a changing and challenging environment. Someone who steps up to do whatever is needed without waiting to be asked. Expect to be a full partner, impacting the product, the quality, the processes, and the team’s direction.
Lead hardware and software test activities for all new product components and releases. Responsible for configuring and managing the company’s engineering test lab and test environment. Create system test plans (Hardware, Application Software, firmware, BIOS) to include test scripts / checklists that will be used to qualify and release new hardware and software components. Work with senior management and across all company functions.
- Develop structured, well-organized test plans and test cases involving purpose-built servers, ethernet switches and cloud-based cyber security and monitoring software, including third party IP video management surveillance software and IP cameras.
- Design and manage hardware and software test environments to include network design, application servers, Domain Controllers, DNS Servers, DHCP servers, NTP servers, and end-point devices.
- Conduct system, functional and stress test testing. Report to senior leadership on test plan completion, results and findings of testing, suggestions on severity and priority of resolution.
- Clearly document and report software/hardware defects, issues and enhancements via defect tracking tools.
- Work with the software development team to enter and define defects in a clear and repeatable way.
- Serve as the lead test engineer on an Agile/Scrum team to define user scenarios and implement tests to verify those scenarios are accounted for in the hardware and software.
- Work with Sales Engineering to test and validate designs and integrated solutions for customer evaluations and demonstrations.
- Provide third-tier support to Level 1 and 2 technical support staff on system issues / troubleshooting. Ability to work directly with partners and/or customers to troubleshoot product defects or product implementation issues.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of networking, network devices, protocols, and network design.
- CCNA certification a plus
- Administration level skills using Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 (or higher)
- Intermediate skills using Linux operating systems
- Ability to create structured system test plans that consider network, server, software requirements
- Ability to design, install, and manage test environments involving various network configurations, switches, servers, network load testing software, network analysis using wire shark.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to use excel, word, and other presentation tools for conveying test plans, results, and test environment requirements.
- Ability to create test suites, test cases, and defects within Team Foundation Server a plus.
- Familiarity with the IP surveillance video management software and/or IP cameras is a plus.
- Keen understanding of Intel based servers a plus.
Education Requirements and Experience:
- College or University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
- At least 2 years related experience
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Stock Options
- Competitive Benefits (Medical, Dental, 401K)
About Razberi Razberi makes it simple to manage and secure video surveillance and network connected device solutions. Razberi accomplishes this by utilizing technologies and tools, like artificial intelligence, network-aware deep packet inspection, and video analytics, to automate manual processes and reduce the time, skills and effort necessary to complete deployment, monitoring, and cybersecurity tasks. Razberi is THE video surveillance platform when reliability, security and price-performance matters. www.razberi.net